Did you know that 83% of purchases are influenced by direct mail? (source: Pebble Post). For this reason, mailing directly is a key component of the media mix. To add perspective, here are additional facts and figures pointing to the power of direct mail.
Facts and Figures About Direct Mail
- COVID-19 has expanded the market, which is projected to hit $70.7B in 2023 (source: Direct Mail Advertising Global Market Report)
- It contributes a 12% increase in response rates to multichannel campaigns when it’s in the mix (source: Marketing Charts)
- 70% of consumers say it is more personal than online interactions (source: DMN3)
- 98% of people check their mail daily and Americans spend upwards of 30 minutes with their mail on a single occasion (source: USPS)
- Six out of 10 consumers believe it is more personal and trustworthy than other marketing platforms (source: USPS)
- 39% of consumers try a business for the first time because of it (source: DMA)
- 51% of consumers said receiving relevant mail aided them in making faster purchasing decisions (source: Pebble Post)
- It is the most targeted media channel for Acquisition, win-back and lead conversion. Our take: Execute using predictive modeling, automated or triggered direct mail.
- It delivers the highest response and conversion rates. Our take: It enhances the performance of digital and amplifies mass media channels.
- It is interactive and tangible. Our take: You can personalize it while making a digital connection.